I WILL make it!

Sunday, May 15, 2005

Today was a good day

Despite the weather, which SUCKED ROCKS. So much for fixing up the trailer!

***But... we ended up taking down assorted furniture I needed (like a desk and such) to spend the summer down at our campsite. After filling up the truck to the brim today, all that leaves us is our old queen size bed and our outdoor bar. I realised that there is a good chance that our bed will fit into the 'rents mini-van. If it does, that means that we can postpone fixing up the cargo trailer until later in the season (or after it if need be) and take the Home Depot gift card money (Xmas pressie) and put it towards a much needed roof on the campsite trailer. So far, so good.

***My day started much brighter than that though - I finally got my first commission! Ok, so it wasn't through any of my sites, it was through the blog - for my hosting company. And, ok, it was only $0.90 - but it's a start, and it's a recurring commission. Small steps lead to bigger ones, right?

***In other good news, I got 2 articles done today before heading down to the States. They aren't set up yet, but that will be done later tonight or tomorrow. One is for the dog site, the other for the not-so-secret site. Hopefully I'll get a bunch more done tomorrow before heading out for our week late Mother's Day dinner. Should be able to, Eric's headed over to a friend's house to help "open" their pool. (New home owners.)

***And to top my day off nicely, the latest Affiliate Buzz came out. It's definitely the best new one I've listened to since buying James Martell's book at the end of January. Lots of great info and motivational tips. Way to go James and Charles!

***Not great news, but maybe somewhat interesting to some of you - I think I may have finally decided on the topics for my next couple of sites. I think I'm going to start devoting (or try) at least a half hour a day to research so I don't get all stopped up like I did between the travel site and the newest 2. Continuous pour as Mr. Martell says.

***Icing on the cake? I've realised that there's a good chance I may actually see a Google Adsense check sometime in July. I'm more than halfway (though closer to half) to reaching the payout threshold. And this month's Adsense revenue will almost certainly be higher than last month's. Heck, if I have a really good 16 days, I might technically qualify by June 1st. I think it's more likely though that it will happen in June. Hopefully it won't take nearly as long to get the next check! lol

I hope today is a sign of things to come. Keep your fingers crossed that I won't run out of money anytime soon so I can keep this up!

Tara :)

5 Comments:

  • google adsense only allows 3 ad units per website yours has more i would take some of

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 15, 2005 3:22 PM  

  • Um, put on your glasses, there are only 3. There would be more the way my code is set, but Google automatically stops more than 3.

    By Blogger Tara, at May 15, 2005 3:32 PM  

  • Actually, they only stop more than 3 on here, just to be specific.

    By Blogger Tara, at May 15, 2005 3:38 PM  

  • Hmmm me thinks does it really matter no it doesn't

    By Blogger Mark, at May 15, 2005 4:40 PM  

  • Fingers crossed. Money is an illusion as they say. Only they do not say that when you want to eat and tell them "Money is an illusion."

    Then they say, "Food is an illusion as well."

    Drat it.

    But stopping by to say hey another place I need to subscribe to. Done.

    Jscott
    -Roadtoforbes

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 16, 2005 3:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home