I WILL make it!

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Pretty cool Adsense day

It wasn't the best day in terms of the amount, though it's pretty good for me. What's so great about it was the number of clicks. I'm not sure I'm allowed to reveal the number of clicks, so I won't, but it was in the double digits. I also broke the $50 mark today. At the rate I'm going lately, I should qualify for payment at the end of this month or at worst the end of June. It won't be a huge check (unless the dog site kicks in soon) but I would just LOVE to show everyone my check from Google ;)

Got some article submissions done today and signed up for SiteSell Value Exchange. I haven't ever done a links campaign yet, so I can't compare, but I think that article submission has GOT to be just as boring. I finally had to stop before I took a nap. But... I submitted at least 2, and up to 6 articles on 5 or 6 article sites. I need to get more done, and I may just do it after this as a substitute to a sleeping pill. I'm also waiting for www.SitePromotion.com to process my donation and I will do some submissions to lesser directories tomorrow.

Oh, and I even got some house cleaning done today.. lol My goal is to finish cleaning my horribly messy house by the time I go down to the trailer for the summer, which will be sometime in June. 3 rooms done so far.. lol

With that, goodnight!

Tara :)

6 Comments:

  • Can we have a scan of it when you get it

    All the best :)

    By Blogger Mark, at May 04, 2005 6:23 AM  

  • Congrats! It's great when you get a little extra just for doing something you like. Also, I'm glad you are cleaning. I seem to ignore it :) Nice site!

    By Blogger The Complimenting Commenter, at May 04, 2005 5:17 PM  

  • To Mark - you bet your sweet butt I'll scan that check! lol

    To The C.C. - Thank you :) You misunderstand though - the blog is not the only place I have Google's Adsense (thank goodness) and I'm actually trying to make a living of working online. And I've ignored cleaning for almost a year now, other than little bits here and there. So it's time! lol

    Tara :)

    By Blogger Tara, at May 04, 2005 5:49 PM  

  • Wow, 2 great comments in one day :) Thank you The A.O.!

    Tara :)

    By Blogger Tara, at May 05, 2005 12:42 AM  

  • Glad to see adsense is working for someone. I get plenty of page views but hardly any clicks. I have tried various approaches to ad placement but still do not do as well as you are doing. Congrats.

    By Blogger Mr. Outrageous Ebay Auctions, at May 09, 2005 2:07 PM  

  • To livinglikekings - Thank you. You must understand though that I don't only have Adsense on my blog. It's also on my Travel Accessories site and my Dog Info site. My blog has an abysmal CTR - which is very normal since most of my traffic comes from Blog Explosion and Blog Clicker. So don't despair, very few blogs do well with Adsense. Consider picking up the Work from Home book I mention. It's expensive but worth every single penny, and it's how I learned to create my websites. I also have a third one in test mode right now.

    Good luck!

    Tara :)

    By Blogger Tara, at May 09, 2005 9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home