I WILL make it!

Monday, May 02, 2005

Back from a GREAT (cold) weekend :)

***As mentioned earlier, some blogs that I've been reading for a while and should have posted a looooong time ago:

Kieron's" Affiliate Marketing Blog from UK Offer Media (thanks for the link back Kieron!)
Jean-Rene's" My Quest for Financial Freedom (thanks for all the nice comments!)
Clicknewz! Behind the scenes with Lynn Terry (really great informational blog, and I haven't even gotten to her forum yet!)

Hope y'all get tons of traffic from me! More blogs will be added shortly, those are just 3 of the too many to count in my feed reader.. lol


As the title says, it was COLD and rainy this weekend down at the campsite. We also don't have heating in the trailer, which is not an issue in July, but on April 29th it can be. Thank goodness I asked for that electric blanket for Christmas! (Thanks Mom!) Don't care though, it was wonderful to finally go back, even though I'm not sure if I'll ever get all the mud off. To make matters worse, we couldn't get the hot water tank lit. Not a surprise since it took us over an hour the first time last year. The rain didn't help either. Come to think of it, it sounds mighty depressing, but I swear, I had a great time. Friday evening was spent visiting "camping" friends that we haven't seen all winter, Saturday was with some "home" friends and Sunday was work time. All in all, a great time was had by dogs and humans ;)

Sadly, I couldn't get the internet working or I would've posted from there. The cell phone works (with fluctuating signal) but it seems that the GPRS either isn't functional there or it's not allowed either at the moment or ever for my company. (I roam on an American network at the trailer.) So today was spent searching for a hot water tank to rent (non-existant), heating oil (no prices and I'm not sure if we're too small for them to bother) and dial-up internet access which I find expensive. (Netzero isn't available there - argh.) Plus even though I slept 12 hours last night (thought I was coming down with the flu, damn I didn't feel well!) I had to take a nap today. So I'm only getting to this post tonight. Sorry to leave y'all high and dry for so long!

On to affiliate marketing stuff. I had a crappy adsense weekend. Glad I wasn't here watching the clock.. lol Still no affiliate sales yet. I'm hoping the dog site will get that started. I have a funny feeling that the travel site is my "flop" site, though adsense isn't horrible from it. I should break the $50 mark by the end of this week. And to be fair, the income is going up and up. I just would LOVE to see an affiliate sale so I can prove the nay-sayers wrong ;)

The dog site has been visited by both Google and Yahoo a few times now, and somehow, way before I went public, it had been visited by Ask Jeeves. I have no idea how unless they monitor new domains or something. Still no SE traffic yet, but hopefully this week. I'd love to have enough Adsense income from the 2 sites to actually GET A CHECK from them! lol

Tomorrow should be spent either writing articles or submitting to small SE's and directories - maybe a bit of both, who knows? And for those of you following the saga of adsense on my other site (reason it's not launched yet) I finally wrote them an email on Friday. No answer yet, but they've been all over the site with over 30 page loads today at various times, so hopefully I'll have an answer soon, because I'd like to decide one way or another what I'm doing with the site.

Anyway, this post is quite long enough now, so put your eyes back in your head, and I'll post more soon :)

Tara :)

P.S. I'll be answering comments from now on IN the comments section, so keep an eye out if you've left me a comment. If you'd prefer I replied privately, make sure to include your email address. Remember you can always email me @ support AT a1-travel-accessories DOT com.

Tara :)

3 Comments:

  • I enjoy following your goings-on. Keep it up, I'm rootin' for ya.

    By Blogger Dawn, at May 03, 2005 12:23 AM  

  • Thanks Dawn! You gave me a great big smile just now :)

    Tara :)

    By Blogger Tara, at May 03, 2005 12:30 AM  

  • haha je suis aussi francais. Je savais meme pas que tu venais du canada :P For the sake of others I'll type in english hehe. Your right about the javascipt for adsense ( stupid me ) And if your friend has spoken to alot of AM then I guess I'm wrong there too. Haven't had time to go check my source hehe.

    By Blogger Unknown, at May 03, 2005 10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home