I WILL make it!

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Today's roundup

Not a whole heck of a lot done today, or rather, not much concrete work.

I wrote 2 articles, but Eric is tired, so I'll wait to ask for him to edit them until tomorrow. The problem with one of the articles is that I'm being a good girl and asking permission to link to an Excel spreadsheet on someone's website. It's probably my strongest keyword in terms of KEI (check out Wordtracker for an explanation) though it's not really something that will probably make me money. I'm hoping that it will serve as a good doorway page to get people to check out the rest of the dog site. So until they respond, that article can't go live.

What took up another hour or 2 today was researching meat grinders strong enough to also grind bones. No, I didn't kill anyone (though I did make a joke about that to Mark), neither do I have any intention of doing so. It's for the BARF (bones and raw food) section of the site. Some dogs don't tolerate whole bones very well (you're supposed to give them raw, meaty bones) so some people prefer to grind them up. As you can imagine, many meat grinders can't do the job properly. So once the research was done, then it was off to find a merchant, which I thought I had already done, but hadn't. Then I figured out how to link directly to a product (first time I've tried that) so that my readers wouldn't have to wade through a site. Fun day, let me tell you.

And as usual, I LOVE chatting with friends, so I spent way too long doing that instead of working. Though to be fair I did do a lot of it while watching Revelations and Law and Order, so those 2 hours don't count.. lol I need to learn to turn off the chatting programs when I want to get some work done. I know it won't happen though! lol I also did a ton of blog surfing to get some more credits. I bought some on one of the traffic exchanges, but I'm trying to still surf to keep the credits high.

Oh, I'm not sure if I ever let everyone know what Google said about my other site and the Adsense issues. They have now responded twice, fixing one problem beautifully, and sadly the other problem due to stop words (though they didn't use that term) looks like it's here to stay. I figured as much. I'll most likely just take Adsense off that page and any other pages that give that issue (it will happen again due to the nature of the site). Still undecided as to whether or not I'll eventually post a link from here. Since there's absolutely no competition that I've found (other than the merchants themselves) I'm leary. Especially with all the wonderful Blog Clicker and Blog Explosion visitors. While they are appreciated, I don't know them like I know my few loyal readers.

Anyway, it's long enough now. Funny how I often worry that I won't have enough to say and even feel guilty if I don't post. Jon and I were discussing that tonight. For him it's a habit now. I don't know if it's quite a habit for me yet, but it's definitely getting there.

Seriously now, Good Night!

Tara :)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home