I WILL make it!

Thursday, May 19, 2005

As always, I'm late :)

As promised, here are the latest articles:

What to Look for When Buying a Dog Trick Training Book
The BARF Spreadsheet Will Help You Keep Track
Stuffed Toys for Dogs Can Be Fun For All!
Keep Your Pet Safe With a Dog Car Harness!
Women's Travel Clothing - More Than Meets the Eye
There are Lots of Swimsuit Coverup Options Available
You CAN Take Your Dog - Just Use an Airline Carryon Dog Bag!
Here are My Favorite Travel Products
Souper Puppy Nylabones are Super!

There are 4 more, but I'm not ready to release the new site yet, it still needs some tweaking. Hopefully next week. With one day left of work, I've got to try and finish the last few articles, get Eric to edit them and then publish. Big feat to accomplish if I'm as busy tomorrow as I was today. I wrote 6 articles by 4 pm and then as a treat, I decided to FINALLY watch Desperate Housewives, which I'd been too busy to do. And I folded laundry, so it wasn't wasted time ;)

Then the phone rang - my Mom calling me back. Ok, chatted for about 15 mins, no problem, back to my show. Not 5 minutes later, my husband's credit card company calling AGAIN (not a creditor, a telemarketer) after I've told them politely twice to call back AFTER supper. This time I was less polite. About 2 minutes after that, hubby starts with the MSN about the articles I'd sent him to edit... I did manage to finish watching about 2 hours after I started. Oh well.

Then it gets better. Tons of email coming in all day, PM's back and forth with someone who'd like me to be an affiliate (OMG how FLATTERING!!!! - I said yes of course, I love her stuff!), chatting with Jon (as usual, I think my husband is starting to get jealous! lol) and then I discover I can no longer publish. Across all 3 sites. Internal server error. Then it's on to back and forth for an hour with my hosting company.

K, listen - I may be a newb at hosting, but I did work tech support and customer service - I know when I'm being brushed off. They tried to tell me some b.s. about back everything up, uninstall FP extensions, reinstall and get back to us. I hadn't touched anything in FP, and I don't know how to manually configure anything, so it wasn't me. We then discovered it was related to another issue (which is what I thought) and problem solved. Usually I talk to someone else who knows a bit better than to try and get rid of me. Hell, can't blame 'em - I did the same thing.. lol Still a great company with good support and fantastic prices. I would - and still do - recommend them to anyone.

Let's see, what else did I do... Signed up for a couple of affiliate programs for the hidden site, tweaked it a teeny bit, ogled Adsense and my stats, as usual, spent too much time on the AP forum and my RSS feeds, as usual.. And of course those articles above. Went to bed waaaaay too early yesterday (but it felt great) which is why the first articles didn't get posted. Then I decided to just wait until they were all done. I think that about covers the last couple of days.

If I get a chance to finish all the articles, I'll be posting tomorrow. Otherwise, unless the internet with my cell phone suddenly works this weekend (not holding my breath) I'll be posting on Tuesday most likely.

To all my fellow Canucks: Happy Victoria Day weekend - eat, DRINK and be merry!

Tara :)

2 Comments:

  • Good for you for writing so many new articles. I should really follow your lead and write some more articles for my site.

    Anyway, Happy Victoria Day weekend to you too, Tara! Enjoy!

    By Blogger Ottawa Information Guide, at May 19, 2005 10:37 PM  

  • BJ hon, I have wads of time... and if I DON'T do a ton of work, I feel guilty since I quit my job to do this full-time in the hopes of not having to find another job when I run out of my RRSPs.. lol Nuttin' to drool about ;) And maintenance is necessary too.. plus with all your deadlines this much, it's totally normal :)

    OIG - You're doing great with your articles from what I'm reading on your blog :)

    By Blogger Tara, at May 23, 2005 11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home