I WILL make it!

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Birth Announcement

Well, it's time to usher my latest baby into the world.

Gourmet Food Gifts is the latest site in my arsenal. If you have any comments to make, as per usual, keep 'em constructive or don't bother ;)

Got a bunch of directory and lesser SE submissions done today. More of those and *shudder* article submissions tomorrow. Oh how I hate those. Jon and I were discussing our hatred of doing that today. He would prefer to write articles and I'd rather submit sites, though I'm happy to outsource the article submissions also.

Not sure if I mentioned it yesterday, but I had a sale (tiny) through the travel site yesterday and another sale from my blog today. I prefer not to mention where the blog sales come from specifically since I cover a few and I don't want too much competition ;)

Mark said today I was an insipiration and I find that so kind, and I guess hard to accept. I've always been the type of person where my life is an open book - too much so sometimes - and when we were chatting later elaborated that it was not only because I'm doing so well (relatively) but because I share my financials. I have no problems sharing at this level, at all, but I will be honest enough to admit that after I hit a certain (undecided) point, I won't be quite as open as I am now.

I'm also uncertain how many more sites I'll be sharing here. Most of my affiliate marketing buddies don't share any, or very few. Many of them also think I'm brave - or crazy! - to share what I do. The way I look at it is when I started 6 months ago, it would've been lovely to have a benchmark to measure myself against, or at least see someone else's struggles and triumphs along the way. So, I hope those of you who are celebrating your first $1 day, or your first month of $1 a day are enjoying this :) I also hope that you'll share your struggles and triumphs too, even if you don't feel comfortable with my level of openess :)

Tara :)

15 Comments:

  • Well it makes you drool if thats the effect you where hoping for

    By Blogger Mark, at August 03, 2005 12:58 AM  

  • Drooling is good.. does it make you want to BUY though??? ;)

    Tara :)

    By Blogger Tara, at August 03, 2005 1:25 AM  

  • clean and simple, I like. Andrea did a good job with your header also.

    By Blogger Unknown, at August 03, 2005 8:31 AM  

  • Hmmm...this is the 3rd time I am attempting this comment. Not sure what is happening. Anyway, first things first - Happy Belated Birthday! Hope you had a good one.

    As for your new site - Congratulations! It looks great. I am going to have to bookmark it because there are some great gift ideas. The only thing I noticed was a typo on your Condiments page (desert should be dessert).

    As for how open you are - I find it refreshing and very helpful. I still feel very new to all of this so it is encouraging to see how well you are doing.

    Keep up the good work and keep up with the blog. I love reading about your progress.

    Cheers!

    By Blogger Ottawa Information Guide, at August 03, 2005 10:28 AM  

  • Way to go on your new site! I think it's pretty refreshing to see someone that is open to sharing their new sites. I think the big fear from many who have sites (like this one... like me for example) is that other people will come along and "steal" your ideas - and then take away your niche market. I try to give as much detail as I can without "giving up the goods" so to speak - but I find it hard not to say "HEY LOOK HERE".. LOL. I think your openess rocks! Good for you :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 03, 2005 12:15 PM  

  • Thank you Jean-Rene, you're right, she did a wonderful job, and I forgot to mention it in my post last night, I went too fast.

    TMTB - Thank you and take your time and look around as much as you want :)

    OIG - Thank you very much, you're very sweet :) Birthday was great, spent with my family and friends. (Who are like family to me)

    Typo fixed, though that's supposed to be the hubby's job! LOL

    Empress - thank you :) I started by being open not knowing the consequences of it.. lol But even though I now know what can happen, I'll stay open until someone makes me regret it. So far so good. And you're quite open on your site, you keep it up too!

    Tara :)

    By Blogger Tara, at August 03, 2005 12:31 PM  

  • Another great site up and running. You need to slow down so the rest of us can catch up=) It really is a great site and I see good things coming from it.

    By Blogger JonnyQ888, at August 03, 2005 9:00 PM  

  • Aw, V, you're so sweet! I find my own articles boring as hell, so it's nice to know someone likes 'em! LOL Keep an eye out, I've got my 5th site in mind, though I'm probably 1-2 months away from that one yet.

    Jon, as usual, it's a pleasure. You'll be catching up soon enough, don't forget we talk all the time! ;)

    Tara :)

    By Blogger Tara, at August 04, 2005 12:11 AM  

  • If I was a consumer that copy would sell to me even if your only buying it for someone else it still gets the taste buds going.

    By Blogger Mark, at August 04, 2005 1:36 AM  

  • Aw, you're too kind Mark, though I must admit, doing the research on an empty stomach was a very bad idea, I had to eat something before I sat down to work!! lol

    Tara :)

    By Blogger Tara, at August 04, 2005 12:51 PM  

  • Thanks Jenn, means a lot from you, I know how much work you put in to your articles!

    That's right, your birthday is this month, right?

    And if you'd like to maybe exchange links, drop me a line, support AT a1-travel-accessories DOT com. No offence taken if you don't want to :)

    Tara :)

    By Blogger Tara, at August 05, 2005 6:45 PM  

  • Well Jenn, I'll take that as a huge compliment! I just feel like I'm regurgitating basic information most of the time.. lol

    Looking forward to your email, but no rush, it's busy around here too.. lol

    A belated happy happy to you too, I'm July 29th, which was last Friday - hope yours was as good as mine! If I may ask, how old did you turn? (It was my "royal" birthday and I think we're close in age, so I hope I'm not offending you by asking)

    Tara :)

    By Blogger Tara, at August 06, 2005 2:19 PM  

  • Good Luck Tara, it looks GREAT! I for one love you just the way you are and I am glad we have become good friends :) Keep on rocking girl, you will be at 1k in no time!

    By Blogger Credit Repair, at August 07, 2005 3:43 PM  

  • Great design - I like it! Let us know how you do with it. Good luck!

    By Blogger John, at August 09, 2005 8:40 PM  

  • Thank you Chrissie and Hock! I'm glad too Chrissie ;)

    Hock, when I know, you'll know! lol

    By Blogger Tara, at August 10, 2005 5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home