I WILL make it!

Friday, May 27, 2005

It's been a crazy day

*** Due to piracy concerns, the link to my version of the goal starter page has been removed.

Ok, so it's been a quiet couple of days with my little bro around visiting. Very little work - that is until today.

Andrea from GoldenPineCone.com messaged me today so I could test her new template. Yes, this is the lovely woman who asked me to be an affiliate. I hadn't had time to sign up until today, so while I was doing the testing, I signed up. Now, before I start on the story, understand, the problems I had today had NOTHING to do with her awesome template - purely my own stupidity, as usual. lol

So while fooling around (and rushing) to publish the template, I didn't pay attention to which site I was putting it on, and managed to somehow merge my 3 sites into one. The subsequent clean up took about 3 hours, and I still can't get it to work properly on my desktop, only on the laptop. Which is fine, I've been meaning to get everything up and working off the laptop for a while now. Still though, the only reason I got everything working is because I HAD backed up the site on the laptop. So as Jon said today in his blog... yes it's a pain in the ass, but BACK UP YOUR SITES!

On the slightly upside, I fixed a few more things on the not public yet site and caught a few mistakes I'd missed. We're getting there....

On the really fun upside, I've spent about 3 hours tonight playing with this awesome template. It's brand new and available right now and worth the (ONLY!) $15 Andrea is charging. Seriously folks, if you follow James Martell and want an easily customizable "home page" (like he suggests) head on over and pick it up - but make sure you do it when you have a bit of time, you'll be adding your own pictures and links galore. Lots of fun, and very useful. And for those of you who aren't aware, all of Andrea's templates are great - and she design's James' templates as well, so you know you're getting quality stuff.

Ok, I'm off the template kick.. lol It really was great though! So, off camping again this weekend. I've been asked by a couple people "again?" - let me just clear it up - until Canadian Thanksgiving (first Monday in October), if not longer, unless there's a big family/friend do, it will be every single weekend :) So unless the internet with my phone suddenly works this weekend, I most likely won't be posting until Monday night.

To my American friends, have a great LOOOOOONG weekend! Everyone else, enjoy your time off!

Tara :)

2 Comments:

  • wow - aren't you sweet!
    Thanks for the promotion Tara... I'm loving your blog.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 30, 2005 4:27 PM  

  • Andrea hon - nothing sweet about it - it's the truth :) My websites are one thing (I totally fib about the products I promote, it's part of the game) but on my blog, I tell the truth. You have very nice, very easy to use templates :) And I LOVE the Goal Starter. I think I'm going to add more links today even.. lol Hope you like what I did with it!

    Thank you for the nice comment about my blog - yours is pretty cool too, it's in my feed reader.

    Tara :)

    By Blogger Tara, at May 30, 2005 4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home