I WILL make it!

Monday, May 30, 2005

Interesting Weekend

So the weather was odd... gorgeous and sunny for a few hours and then thunderstorms - Saturday AND Sunday. Which led to me babysitting a strange dog. Next door to my best friend's trailer there was a puppy (it couldn't have been older than 4 months) was tied up outside for what we figure 10 hours. By 2 pm (my friend said the neighbours were gone when she got up at 9) there was no food or water left in it's dishes, and the sun was HOT. We got it more water and decided if a storm came (it threatned for a few hours before actually showing up) one of us would take it in. I finally grabbed it around 5ish when we heard thunder. As it wasn't OUR long weekend, we finally had to drop it off at another friend's trailer who has a bigger dog than us because my dogs were freaking and we had to go home. When we left around 7, the owners of this PUPPY S T I L L weren't back and the office was closed. I hope they had a heart attack when they came home finally! A$$holes! For goodness sake, if you get a pet, TAKE CARE OF IT. And I hope those damn owners have issues - I'd love my or my husbands fists to get a workout on them. People like that deserve the same kind of pain they inflict on their pets!

Ok, off my rant now :) I came home last night after dropping off the above best friend around 9ish and checked my stats - decent traffic and adsense. Actually, it was enough that as we speak (with no clicks yet today) I have broken the $100 payout threshold!!!!!! Even happier news, I finally got my PIN today too!! (Why they sent it AIRMAIL from New York City to Montreal - an 8 hour drive - I'm not sure.) So whether I get a check in June, July or August, I don't much care - it was the landmark I was looking forward to. To more experienced marketers, I know $100 isn't much, but it's really good reinforcement for me :)

Today looks like it will be dedicated to going after link partners. I got 35 for the dog site through Sitesell Value Exchange that I have to check out, and I someone I contacted a couple of weeks ago just got back to me for the travel site. I really hope to have the "secret, ha ha" site public this week. I haven't cleared up all my affiliate issues, but to heck with it, I have 3 or 4 which is plenty right now. It's been sitting in limbo too long, and Jon says he can't find any issues with it, so I'm going to do final checks and probably go public by Friday. You'll hear it here first, promise ;)

Off to work now,

Tara :)

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home