I WILL make it!

Monday, April 18, 2005

Blog Explosion

I meant to talk about this yesterday, but got caught up in other stuff. Most of you probably already know about BlogExplosion, but for those who don't, it's a decent way to get more traffic to your blog.

The concept is kind of like reciprocal linking. You submit your blog to their directory, and then you surf other people's blogs. In return, you earn credits which go mainly towards other people surfing YOUR blog. As long as you have credits, your blog will be put in a random listing that other people will see. It has shot up my traffic like crazy.

Obviously, it's not all targeted traffic. But, since you can specify preferences on what topics you like to see, one would assume that people coming to your blog have done the same. You can also "blogmark" a blog to look at again later. I've added at least 15 blogmarks already, so I'm assuming at least 1 person has done the same to mine. Hopefully I'll start seeing some repeat surfers soon. And I know one person looked around a bit because they ended up on my travel site. So, I think it's worth surfing other people's blogs :)

If you want to try it out, see the button on the right. I think you'll find it worthwhile too :)

2 Comments:

  • that's how I found your blog...blog explosion.

    It has increased my traffic as well.

    By Blogger cube, at April 19, 2005 11:52 AM  

  • blogexplosion is like crack. I'll be so tired and wanting to go to sleep but I can't because the timer is clicking down and it won't kill me to stay for 30 more seconds...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at April 20, 2005 2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home