I WILL make it!

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Good and bad couple of days

Here's a start to the good stuff, 2 more articles are live on the new site:

Need A Last Minute Or Quick Gift? A Coffee Basket Is Great!
Corporate Coffee Gift Baskets Don't Have To Be Boring!

Let start with the bad stuff. 2 days in a row now I've nearly thrown my dogs out. The last 2 mornings they have been very shitty trailer mates. And I'm being half literal. Thursday they got me up (barking every 15 minutes for 3 hours) after about 6 hours of sleep. Long time readers will know I have a sleep disorder which wakes me up over 100 times a night (no, I'm not joking, look up sleep apnea) so to be honest, even 12 hours of sleep isn't enough. 6 hours isn't even freaking close. But, despite my tiredness, I managed to get 2 articles done and then called it a day. I might've worked more, but got very excited and absorbed in Big Brother and spent the rest of the night reading the live feed updates. So, tired, I finally head to bed around 1:30 am. Read until about 2, turned off the light. Then Tequila decides she going to clean herself. Loudly. For 45 minutes. Despite repeated chastising and kicking. So I dozed off around around 3ish.

Then around 6 Tequila decided she still wasn't clean enough and started up again. Jager decided since I was awake, he could bounce on me to get me to let him out. Not sure WHY he wanted out so badly since he'd already emptied his bowels across the trailer (fun to clean up on 3 hrs of sleep and bleary eyed) so while they were out, cleaned that up (great smell to wake up to also) let them back in and went back to bed. Have you ever seen a dog so obsessed with cleanliness? Back at it Tequila went. Right beside my head. I finally gave up around 6:45.

So all that to say (hope you at least got a giggle out of it!) that no work was done today. At all. I figured it was safer for my visitors that I didn't write an article with severely diminished brain capacity. Maybe if it's quiet around here tomorrow (and Eric takes care of letting the dogs out) I can get a few more written. Still 12 articles isn't bad for the week, I'm not going to beat myself up over it.

On to the good stuff. Other than everything going according to my plans on Big Brother (me and Arnold Shapiro are thisclose I tell ya) I made a few sales this week. 2 I already told you about, 1 was from the blog. And then, when Eric got here today he handed me a funny piece of mail. It looked like it was from a vet in Nebraska, where I've never been. I opened it up - it was a cheque!!! 2nd biggest commission - $16.69. It was from one of my pet memorials affiliates. Odd that the sale never showed up in the reports, but when I'm more coherent (and let me apologize now for any grammatical errors) I'll write them an email to ask what's up.

I also figured out that with very careful planning and the sites doing slightly better in the next month or 2, I may be able to hook up with Chrissie and head to an internet marketing conference in November. I would love to go, it looks like the speakers there will be fascinating and meeting other AM'ers would be awesome. Especially Chrissie, we're 2 peas in a pod - we even both have dogs named Tequila!

I know there's something I'm forgetting, but on 3 hours of sleep and with an already swiss cheese brain, I just can't think of anything else right now. So after boring y'all to death, I'll finally end the rambling and say have a great weekend!

Tara :)

2 Comments:

  • It would be awesome! Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping the sales keep on flying in! Congrats on the unexpected check!

    I have swiss cheese brain over here too... its rather frustrating ;)

    By Blogger Credit Repair, at August 20, 2005 1:18 AM  

  • Sounds great the seminar love to go to one of those one day, great post btw.

    By Blogger Mark, at August 20, 2005 3:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home