I WILL make it!

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Off Work Today - And THANK YOU

Not that I'm done there yet... but only 9 days to go!! It's funny, but when everyone knows you're leaving, and they hear the reasons why, you suddenly hear they all feel the same way. And CSR's are dropping (their jobs) like flies right now at Fido. Don't get me wrong - it's a great job, both Customer Service and Wireless Technical Support. It's just not what I want anymore. Not only the schedules, because I could go back to CS *shudder* and have whatever I wanted. It's always the company as it is now - it ain't the same place. Try explaining that to a brainwashed manager, who thought I was leaving on a bad note. Um, NO, would I have sent a long email 2 weeks before leaving?

And the kicker - my supervisor pulls me to her desk on Monday and says, so the 23rd is your last day? I said, NO, 22nd. So she says - I don't think that will be a problem. I said well, if it is, I can always come in on the Wednesday (the 2nd half of my weekend) instead of the Saturday. She says, I'll check. Then she says, yeah, no problem, we're overstaffed on Saturday anyway, so you don't have to come in. Uh - HELLO - I gave NOTICE! It's not a negociation - I CAN'T work on the 23rd - hence the reason the 22nd is my last day, like I had said last week! Can you imagine trying to negotiate my last day with me, as if I'd go along with that?!?! But that's typical of this company.

Anyway, we'll stop talking about the stressful job. lol

I swear this entry was only going to be about AM and the two wonderful comments I got yesterday from Jean-Rene in New Brunswick and Louise in Ottawa. I have to say thank you (the title is for both of you) for saying such nice things. I have just scratched the surface of both your blogs, but it's on my to-do list to read them in full. It's so nice to get some validation that more than 2 people are reading this :) Even better to hear that you enjoy this blog! This is me, myself and I that I pour into these entries, so it's lovely to hear you like them, because it means you'd probably like me! And both of you have been bookmarked as well :)

So on with the business side of this entry. With my day off today, I have lofty goals - I know I won't get everything done (not defeatist - just realistic) unless I can squeeze another 12 hours into this day, but hopefully I'll get a bit of everything done. I would like to finish the big tweaks on the 2 templates I bought. I think I'll get one done today, the other one I haven't touched yet, so I'm not hopeful I'll finish today. I also want to get some research done for some articles so I can write them between calls, especially on Saturday. For me, this basically involves (strictly for research) copying and pasting all the information I can find on my topics. You may have noticed I'm fairly verbose, so the filler part of articles isn't too difficult for me. The hard part is talking intelligently about my topic. So this way, when it comes to describing specific products, I can look at what I'm describing, and use the merchant's description (in my own words, never plagarize!) to my advantage. I'm probably going to get more into RSS feeds for research as a friend described to me. She swears by it, and gets tons of information that way. That's a big priority once I'm done with work.

Here I've gone and written a book again - so I'll let you get back to work now, since I should too!

Tara :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home