I WILL make it!

Sunday, March 20, 2005

Finally... 50 articles

Actually, I was done somewhere in the middle of the night, but had to wait for Eric to get home and edit. All done now. The 2 packing articles aren't optimized at all, just useful lists for travelers. Now I've started researching a bit more my pet site. Still haven't fully focused on the niche yet, but I don't think I'm going to go after pet medications. A few reasons for that, I won't go into why. I think if I go fairly general I can build a massive site. Or I may just do a series of smaller sites, for example instead of everything pets, maybe 1 site food, 1 site toys, etc. If you have any suggestions, feel free to leave a comment :)

I'm obviously not done with this site, but I think stepping back from it for a little while will make it easier to write more when I come back to it. Plus starting up another 2 sites will create more revenue streams and the quicker I do it, quicker I'm indexed. Quicker I'm indexed, faster the searches will come. Faster the searches come, more the money will come. See where this is going? More the money comes, faster I'm out of my job. Which is a VERY good thing. What sucks is I actually LOVE what I do, it's fun and rewarding helping my co-workers in other departments. I've just lost almost all respect for the company I work for. Everything that made the company great, both for employees and customers is going down the drain. Everything that already sucked is getting WORSE. Hopefully I have no more than 3 months to go. Hey, if I hit the 6/49 jackpot on Wednesday (national lottery here in Canada) I'd quit Thursday!

Anyway, Eric's home and I survived, without any really hairy moments. Good news for spending the summer at camp. I learned that leaving the t.v. on to go to bed helps drown out the scary noises ;) We have 3 t.v.'s here and 1 at camp, so I may just bring an extra one down for the bedroom. I think we're going to go to a sugaring off in 2 weeks with some friends and then head down to the States to the campground, make sure everything's in one piece and nothing's missing. If you want to know more about sugaring off (fun and yummy!) visit this link: http://www.tremblant-sugar-shack.com/anglais.html It's not the one we go to, but the best website I could find to explain it, should you unfortunately live somewhere where you've never heard of sugaring off.

Ok, time to sign off, here are the new articles:

Luggage Carts - How Do You Decide What You Need?
Do You Know Why You Need TSA Approved Luggage Locks?
Buying A Swimsuit Isn't As Bad As THAT!
Packing Carryon - Never Forget Anything Important Again!
What Not To Pack In Carry On Luggage - Know The Rules!

Back to work tomorrow (sniff sniff) :(

Tara :)

2 Comments:

  • Congradulations on hitting 50. I am also working on building an affiliate website. Did you happen to use SBI! to build your site?

    By Blogger JonnyQ888, at March 23, 2005 11:22 PM  

  • Hi Tara, I'm one of the original "$100 a day Challengers"

    Re your "dogs" site, my first site was a dog site. I didn't "Niche" it, although I've tended to write a lot of "dogs health" related articles. I've now got over 75 articles written, and my site earns about $100 a month from Adsense

    This site is an experiment in progress, being my first website.

    The downside of "dog" sites is they don't pay much in Adsense clicks, but the upside is that you can concentrate on any one of 200 breed niches, nutrition and health, training, showing etc... it would not be hard to build 500 niche topics based on things to do with dogs.

    I kept mine fairly broad and general, and get around 400 visitors daily, who visit nearly 8 pages on average per visit... 60,000 to 90,000 hits a month.

    I've not really worked on the Affiliate aspect for this site, preferring now to build niche sites based on more profitable niches... for adsense.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at April 02, 2005 1:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home