I WILL make it!

Sunday, April 10, 2005

Learning CSS is fun... or NOT

Ok, I'm a learning junkie. When I WANT to learn something, researching, etc, I am a sponge. I can spend literally 12 hours on my 'puter surfing the net 7 days in a row if that's what it takes. (Yes, I HAVE done that before.) When it's something I HAVE to learn on the other hand, the time it takes to do so is considerably longer.

Imagine my joy at learning that CSS wasn't QUITE as easy as anticipated. I bought 2 templates (only cracked one open yet) that are simply gorgeous in my opinion, and suit my niches to a T. However one or both are CSS based. Now, I'd had every intention of learning CSS when I had more time.. say April 25? (Last day at work April 22nd, but my Grandmother's memorial service (died in January) is the 23rd and then a family brunch on the 24th are keeping me busy that weekend.) But - I need to get these sites up ASAP (duh, need money so I don't have to go look for another job at the end of the summer!) and so the time has become NOW. Yay.

Honestly though, I'm extremely entertaining to watch when I'm learning something new. I swear like a sailor (keep small children away) every time I screw up. I tend to like to learn on my own too, which can add to the frustration factor. Then, like a ray of sunshine, I figure out a tiny component of what I'm doing. Then I start giggling, saying "YAY ME!" and clap my hands. It's compulsive. I swear I can't stop doing it. The hubby loves it though - he gets SUCH a laugh out of my learning curves.

So, I should get back to it, but I thought I'd give y'all an update, and like BJ (see her blog to understand what I mean) this is starting to become how I take breaks.. lol

Take care,

Tara :)

3 Comments:

  • I'm just about to start teaching myself CSS too. It seems like it would be an efficient way of doing things after learning how to get it to work.

    I got your message about the templates. For the next site, I'm not going to waste time making my own graphics. I'm just hardheaded and don't like paying someone when I can do it myself. It's a habit I need to get out of.

    By Blogger JonnyQ888, at April 11, 2005 1:51 AM  

  • Hehe, I like this blog, I've added it to my favs so I can keep track of you :)

    I've heard alot about css, it intrigues me to say the least.

    By Blogger Unknown, at April 12, 2005 2:17 PM  

  • Hello fellow Canadian Blogger! Love your blog! I read some of your posts in your archives and related to a lot of what you spoke about. I am a complete newbie to AM and I started using SBI (with my hubby) a few months ago.

    Anyway, enough about me! I just wanted to say hello & keep up the good work & keep up the really interesting blog. I will be saving it to my favourites for sure!

    Cheers!

    By Blogger Ottawa Information Guide, at April 12, 2005 3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home