I WILL make it!

Sunday, April 03, 2005

I think I'm becoming an addict

I know I have an addictive personality - always have. I smoke, I can binge drink on occasion, I get addicted to songs, tv shows, video games - it's almost like Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) but more for fun things.

My current game addiction has actually lasted a while, probably because it strictly involves clicking at a very fast pace, which seems to relieve stress. Stress from trying to come up with more articles, stress with my job, stress with trying to fit more hours in the day and still function. Anyway, the game is a free one, Insaniquarium Deluxe, you can get it popcap.com. They have tons of free cool games to keep me occupied. (Sidenote - one very drunk night after coming home from our favorite bar, I stayed up until 5 am and finished the then beta version of Typer Shark - it was up to level 17 at that point. I haven't really played it since, figuring if I could beat the game fall down drunk, sober wouldn't be much fun.)

And now, I'm becoming addicted to this blog. My hubby will laugh when he gets around to reading this, because he knows it's true. I'm an addict. I've purposefully never tried any drugs more serious than weed or hash, for fear of becoming addicted to something WAY too expensive for my wallet. Like e-books aren't bad enough! lol

So, here's an update: after having to redo all my research (totally worth it so far) I am now almost done with my product page outlines. I have the 2 home pages to do and 3 product pages to go. I wanted to get tons more done, like maybe FINISH the outlines at least, tonight, but it won't happen.

The problem is, I've totally thrown my body's sleep pattern off with starting work @ 8:30 this morning. I usually don't get up until 10 or 11 am, so 7 am HURT. I thankfully got to leave an hour early, but between shopping for supper and catching up on email, I was tired. So I took a nap at 8 pm. I then slept too long (but it was sooooo nice) getting up at almost 11. Probably not the wisest idea, especially since daylight savings kicked in tonight and I've now lost an hour. And the icing on the cake? Sleep is NEVER great for me, I have a sleep disorder called sleep apnea. I stop breathing 40-60 times per hour and wake up over 100 times per night of sleep. So any day of the week, I struggle to get things done due to lack of motivation, which is directly due to my lousy sleep.

That's one of the biggest reasons I want to work from home. Without a set schedule, I can let my body get as much sleep as I need, and work at better times for me, which is generally late evening. I often will stay up until 5, 6, 7 am with no problems. So cross your fingers folks that I get everything done tomorrow, maybe if I do really well, I can have both sites live by next weekend! I've decided to wait on going live until I have at least 5 articles. I think it just makes sense for my (hopefully) future visitors.

So, all that being said, since it's TECHNICALLY now 4:42 am and I won't get that lost hour back, I should probably haul my big butt into bed and get some sleep.

Good night!

Tara :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home