I WILL make it!

Thursday, March 24, 2005

To Jonny

"Congradulations on hitting 50. I am also working on building an affiliate website. Did you happen to use SBI! to build your site? " (Jonny's comment)

Thank you :)

Nope, I use James Martell's method. I hadn't really heard of SBI! before I bought the Affiliate Marketers Handbook, and I'm glad. Knowing what I know now, I would've been paralyzed trying to decide which one to go after, and as it turns out, I think JM's methods are a better fit for me. I wasn't a total noob coming into this. Affiliate marketing, yes, completely new, but I've been online for a long time, I'm very comfortable with computers and I'm very lucky to be married to a self proclaimed Computer Guru (and hey, I gotta agree ;) ) so I probably would've been annoyed by the SBI! method.

That being said, for people who need it, I've heard it's wonderful and I don't knock anyone who uses it. To each their own :)

And since I'm posting to answer you anyway (it would be great if in future commenters put an email in case they don't want a public answer) here's what's been going on the last few days. A whole whack of CRAP. I've been paralysed trying to decide on my next site - one big general niche site or several smaller, tighter niche sites. Everytime I decide, I then read something or talk to someone which makes me think the other option is better. My current line of thinking is a big niche site and split off one of the topics into it's own niche site. It won't be a 300 page site, but probably between 40-100 pages. I need to make a decision and quick, because I'm wasting time - I haven't done a damn thing really on ANY site for a few days. And since I can't afford to quit work yet, all my spare time SHOULD be going to my AM'ing.

That being said, hopefully this weekend I'll get more done. Unfortunately, I got stuck working Friday (thank you to Planning and Scheduling for NOT asking if I wanted to work or not!) so I don't get the 3 day weekend that most of the rest of you will. Maybe Friday will be quiet and I can start sketching out some outlines. Wish me luck!

Tara :)

2 Comments:

  • Wow, I was expecting maybe a little note down in the comments but I got nearly an half a post=) I had been considering SBI but I've decided against it. I actually have my blog at www.jonnyq888.blogspot.com. Check it out, if you like it then maybe we could exchange links.

    By Blogger JonnyQ888, at March 24, 2005 6:06 PM  

  • Hi Tara,
    First........check out your eHost link. I don't think that it is working.
    I am a newbie also. A total newbie. My fingers are shaking just trying to type this comment. Think how I fall apart trying to do what you have accomplished. 50 articles!! I have no hubby to help, just a friend who hinders. He has no clue as to why I spend so many hours on the computer. My reply of "doing research on how to start an affilate business" no longer suffices.
    I found you on the forum. Followed you to your website (good job) and then to this blog. Coincidentally,I had been watching another fellow blogger on blogspot and trying to figure out what she is doing. I will need to use this blog for my website for now.
    Tara, did you purchase the Martel program? I have read and downloaded all of his freebies but the purchase is too high for me at this time. Did you check out his daughter's site? Did you subscribe to her list? It is fantastic but SBI is too expensive for me also.
    Keep up the good work and keep us posted.

    By Blogger Five Fingers, at March 25, 2005 3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home