I WILL make it!

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

I don't know what to say

Let's get today's article out of the way:

Buy Seafood Online - Safe And Cheap!

Ok, so here's where the real entry starts. I may ramble on here, but please bear with me. I guess I should start from the beginning. Over the weekend, I had read about (not sure where now) this new internet/affiliate/ecommerce etc conference. What's great about it though is that it's really affordable (well, unless you're me, not paying bills so I can do this full time! lol) and it looks jam packed with awesome presenters and booths and so on. The best news is that you don't need to worry about your flight or hotel because it's all online!

So I was going back and forth with Eric whether or not we can swing it or not. Or rather whether or not I can justify the expense. As BJ would say, synchronisity hit today. I got up this morning, and after checking my stats, emails and how much money (ha ha) I'd made, I opened FeedDemon to read my blogs. So I get to one of my favorites (really, I'm not just saying that, it's under the heading "AM Favorites") Shawn Collins' Affiliate Tip Blog, which was talking about how affiliatetip.com is an exhibitor at the conference. As an exhibitor, he received free passes to give away. Rather than use them to give to friends or high performing affiliates or something more selfish (which would be well within his rights!) he offered passes to the first 20 people who responded. Not to a question; all you had to do was send an email. Luckily, I was one of the 1st 20 people. How cool is that?

I don't think Shawn has any tickets left (I told a good friend about it that was online at the time - not trying to exclude anyone - and she hasn't gotten an answer, but it was only the first 20 that would get any kind of answer) but just in case, head on over and visit his blog. And even if you DON'T get a ticket, this is the same guy who's the co-creator of the Affiliate Summit, which if you follow James Martell, you know is another GREAT conference for anyone involved in affiliate marketing. So you know he's chock full of interesting information. I'm particularly enjoying his current feature "What is wrong with affiliate marketing and how can it be improved?". He prints people's answers, and many of them are very thought-provoking. Here are 2 more reasons to read Shawn's blog: 1. If you send in an answer to the question and he posts it, you get a free t-shirt with a funny on it. (go see!) 2. Before the last Affiliate Summit if you answered a trivia question (you had be right and first, of course) he was giving away passes. So Shawn, if you're reading this, once again, thank you.

Everyone else - what are you still doing here???? Go check out Shawn's blog!

Tara :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home