I WILL make it!

Sunday, April 17, 2005

Busy Few Days

Unfortunately, none of it was really related to work. I got a ton of article outlines done at work though at least. 4 working days left, woo hoo! Yesterday, right after work, partly because I was sick of my hair and partly because of road work (i.e. bad traffic) being done, I decided to head to my parents so my mom could cut my hair. It was down to my butt, I kid you not. It was giving me neck aches from being so heavy, mainly when I sat at my computer, which as you know, is alot. So, now it's 1 inch past my shoulders. And nope, didn't cry this time! lol I wanted to go short for the summer, especially with being down at the trailer. With hair that long, I needed a ton of products to manage it, and mosquitoes LOVE hairspray.. so, off it came. I think it looks ok. Not spectacular, but it'll do.

And now that I've bored you all stiff with the trials and tribulations of my hair (not exciting, I know, but interesting to me, and hey, it's MY blog!) here's what's going on today. I either am suffering from the world's worst allergy attack or I have a cold, so I'm a bit on slo-mo. I was hoping to finish the last tweaks to the templates and then submit to some directories and engines, but I doubt I'll get all that done. At worst it'll be Wednesday when I'm off again. I promise I'll let you see the dog site as soon as I feel it's ready for public viewing :)

Still no commissions yet unfortunately, but the last couple of days of Adsense has been going quite well. Yesterday I got my coffee (but no doughnut) in Adsense. So far nothing today, but then again, by this time yesterday, I had nothing either. Only when I got home from the 'rents at 2:30 am (we stayed for supper and cards) did I check all my stats. Mind you, I can't go that long (10 hours) if I'm at home, I'm just too darn impatient.. lol And yesterday was my highest day in a while for uniques. Strangely enough as well, Google is sending me a few searches. Some of them are weird, like eaglecreekluggage (no spaces) where I do VERY well.. lol But some are legitimate, where I seem to be on the 3rd or 4th page. Not fantastic, but I'll take it, especially if I'm supposedly sandboxed.

Something to remember, which James mentioned in the last Buzz, and I think it's so true. You have to believe in what you're doing. And keep believing, even when people NOT in the business scoff. I was THRILLED with my great Adsense day - but my parents laughed. I shrug it off. I know that that was income from ONE site - and a new (comparetively) site at that - and that it will get a lot better with my 2 new sites. And keep someone who's positive about your experience close to you. My husband (though he's not nearly as positive as I am) does see the potential in this. He doesn't know that it will ever make enough for us to both quit our jobs, but he thinks there's definitely money to be made - and that helps me stay positive, when it's been 2 days and no Adsense income.

Food for thought....

Tara :)

2 Comments:

  • You'll be one of the first to know when the site is up. In fact, I'll probably let you take a look before it's unleashed on the public to see what you think.

    I agree about not being able to talk with everyone about what you do. Some people don't want to see you succeed because they see your ambition and realize that they don't have it themselves. In their eyes, if you fail then it validates their lack of personal strength and ambition. Keep with it. What kinds of goals do you have for your sites?

    By Blogger JonnyQ888, at April 17, 2005 10:02 PM  

  • That's very kind of you Jon :) Just remember, I've been at it only a little longer than you, so I'm no big expert, but I would be MORE than happy to try and help :)

    I agree with you about people not wanting you to suceed. I don't know that everyone who scoffs is motivated by that though. Some (like my parents) just think it's a pipe dream. They would also rather see me in a job until I'm successful, which I understand. And should this not get successful enough by the time I run out of money, then I'll simply get another job. But they're afraid, and that's a parent's job :)

    As for my goals.. well, I would love to become a super-affiliate, by anyone's definition. My immediate short-term goals are simply to replace my work income so I have no need to find another job. I hope to accomplish this by the mid to end of the summer, which is when I think I'll run out of money. I won't be wasting my time off though.

    I probably won't put as much time into this every day as I do now, trying to cram every available moment into working on this. And I haven't cleaned my house in close to 2 months because I just can't bear to take any precious time away from my sites. I'd like to actually ENJOY my favorite tv shows instead of being half focused on them. I'd like to get out to the movies, or even occasionally rent one. You know, I think they call that "getting a life"? lol

    Tara ;)

    By Blogger Tara, at April 17, 2005 10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home