I WILL make it!

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Finally...

It's only taken me about a month to write, edit and post these articles. I have been the epitome of laziness of late - even worse than usual. But, they are done, with hopefully more to come. While these articles don't directly relate to my affiliate products on the travel site, I consider them complimentary articles that I hope the visitors will enjoy. And I HAVE been thinking (thank you Colin) about making this site more about travel in general than just travel accessories, so maybe the travel insurance article will come in handy one day.

Here they are, exciting as usual:

5 Best Camping Destinations in the U.S.
5 Best U.S. Honeymoon Destinations
5 Worst Vacation Destinations
Tips for Parents to Avoid Hearing The Dreaded "Are We There Yet?"
Tips and Tricks for Your First International Trip!
Tips for A Stress Free Vacation
Do You REALLY Need Travel Insurance?

I'd like to say thanks for the lovely comments I got on my last post. While I have to say thank you Jen, I cheated - that pic is pretty old. I don't have any decent, clear pics of me in the last 5 years :) I'm probably 50 lbs heavier now than in that pic.. lol And thanks for the tip J.R. - I'm even having problems with adding 1 hour a day, but I'm trying. I'd love to do 2, but my brain is so tired at the end of the day from working (easy but repetitive and sometimes complicated dealing with numbers like 231.476598 all day long) that it's difficult to motivate myself sometimes... or actually, every day. 2.5 months to go!! lol Liz, it's so nice to hear that my 1 off rants are appreciated - I sometimes feel a little guilty about them :) And yes, the carrot cake is awesome, much better than the chocolate, but still nowhere near as good as the chocolate mousse ;)

I just wish there were more hours in the day and that in 2006 it was as easy to make a living at this as 2001/2. Hearing Colin talk about the early days and his income really made me stop and realise that those days are gone. Reading his VEO Report probably made that even worse... but in a good way. I mean, it's a given that we can all still make money, but the easy SEO manipulation days are GONE. This means for us that while we can probably still achieve the "guru" level of income now, it's going to take a lot more work and really keeping up with what people like Matt Cutts (aka GoogleGuy on some forums, at least that's what most people suspect and even if not, a high level Goog engineer) have to say, and truly building sites for our visitors, rather than the SE's. Easier said than done though when everything you learnt says the opposite. But, that said, everything that Colin says is true, at least based on what I've been reading in the last few months. You should definitely check out his VEO Report, it's worth every penny. It will give you a great new jumping off point - ESPECIALLY if you're a James Martell follower, and even if you're not.

On that note, back to do a little more work before bed. Happy hump day!

Tara :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home