I WILL make it!

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Congratulations Vicky!

Did you call everyone you knew when you realized you'd made your first sale? I did! lol And hell, .58 or $58 - it doesn't matter, it's a SALE! Besides, better to start small and grow - my first commission was for $30 and I haven't hit that big again, I'm spoiled now! I was so happy to read that the other day, keep up the great work :)

Other than sharing Vicky's news with the world, not much has been happening around here. I have been really tired all week for no good reason. I went to bed early every night, even as early as 9:30 - and I only get up at 8:30 in the morning for goodness sakes! Maybe it's the job - I find just as I start to think I can handle 3 more months, something comes up that gets me thisclose to walking out the door right then and there. It seems that the company in general is run by monkeys (I'm being polite) and even immediate management are often pretty stupid. And the decision making process leaves a lot to be desired - if the issue requiring a decision hasn't gone through 12 different tries, it seems it's not valid. Honestly, there was one issue that changed 3 times IN AN HOUR. I'm all for adaptability (ok, no I'm not) but COME ON PEOPLE! My new mantra these days seems to be "less than 3 months to go, less than 3 months to go..." which would apply to the date the contract is up.

The reason I look forward to April 17th is based on what a former employee of this company told me... it seems that our "record of employment", which is submitted to Employment Insurance (otherwise known as unemployment insurance everywhere else) doesn't list WHY a contract ended, simply that it's over. Which is a qualifying factor to get it. They don't ask WHO didn't renew the contract (in this case MOI) so I will be able to hopefully get unemployment for a year - which of course means that I get to work on my sites for a year. Whooooooopeeeeeeeee! I have realized since going to Affiliate Summit that I will never be able to grow my empire to an income replacing level unless I work on it full time. This of course is just me - YMMV. I think this is reflected of late (or the last 3.5 months, whatever) in my "I just don't FEEL like it" attitude I've had towards my sites. I have TONS of fantastic ideas - I even registered a new domain this week, bad bad me - I just lack the energy and drive most days. This of course stems from the feeling that I ALREADY worked that day - at the stupid day job. Which doesn't advance my sites any, though I do try and get a little done at work when I can.

All of this to say, of course, I need it to be April 17th please. NOW. Because by then I should probably be able to start going camping again, which I desperately miss. Especially after visiting the trailer today, on the way to going shopping across the border for impossible to find in Canada items, like any and all Weight Watchers' foods. Which I have decided to attempt again, based on my best bud's recent success with it. Those of you who have either seen recent pictures or met me in Vegas know that I need it... lol Those of you who HAVEN'T seen pics or met me, don't expect any, anytime soon. I'm the least photogenic person you've ever met, even when I was at a decent weight. Ok, now I'm just babbling because it's 1 am, which is past my new bedtime these days. I do apologize to the 2 or 3 of you still reading this. Of course, if you've read the description of this blog you may have noticed the "rants about everyday stuff part."

Ok, I'm really really done boring you to death now. Hope your weekend is and will continue to be fabulous, I'm off to bed now!

Tara :)

3 Comments:

  • Working really does take away from ones most productive time. But since I've started putting an hour as THE hour I work on my web business, things have seemed to be moving along...SLOWLY... but moving none the less :P

    By Blogger Unknown, at January 31, 2006 5:41 PM  

  • Hey Tara,
    I like your rants! Keep 'em coming! (and I just finished a weight watchers carrot cake ...have you tried?? YUM!!) Anyway, just wanted to say "I hear ya" on *all* the issues ...weight, time, sleep, bla bla, ... I have a full time job as well ..and it is hard to fit it everything in. At least we're not bored!
    take care!
    Liz

    By Blogger greenaffiliate, at January 31, 2006 8:02 PM  

  • Hey, you gotta start somewhere hon - and it's a .58c sale, but $133 is nothing to sneeze at from Adsense - that's a nice dinner for you and CB :) You'll see though that the momentum will grow soon enough and the cheques will come every month!

    Tara :)

    By Blogger Tara, at February 02, 2006 9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home