I WILL make it!

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

And how was YOUR long weekend?

Personally, mine was great - though the live band on Saturday night sucked. Other than that though, it was a nice weekend.

Business wise... ICK. I made a couple sales on the 1st, and since then, let me say it again - ICK. If this was JUNE maybe I'd be happy, but for SEPTEMBER I'm thoroughly disgusted. As Jenn said - blame it on whatever you want, but holy crap, the last week is killing me. At this point, even if I carry over the little bit left from my bonus and last month's earnings I'll just barely cover my half of stuff on October 1st. A job for October is looking very very likely.

Here's August's earnings - a caveat though - I have a couple of sales that are from independants and they don't list each individual sale, plus with Emax I'm including recurring sales. So this is approximate, not down to the penny.

$420 - not at all where I was hoping to be. But hell, it's more "side" money than I was making just a couple months ago, so I shouldn't complain.

No articles for the last few days - too many people around and not enough time at the puter since Thursday morning. That feature should return tomorrow. I think I'm going to temporarily drop it to 1 or 2 a week per site that I have articles for. Partially because I'm running out of already written articles, partially because I'm starting to do design and keyword research for my next few sites. I would like to attempt to start up (at least) 3 at the same time. I may also go with an idea a friend is doing right now, see if it will work - using only (or mainly, for now) reprint articles. So many ideas - so little time.

Hope everyone had a lovely long weekend - if you aren't in North America, then at least a lovely weekend :)

Tara :)

P.S. - within 10 mins of posting this entry, I already had 2 spam comments. So, after fighting it since I started the blog, no more Anon commenters. Word verification is now on too. I hope that my regulars will deal with working around it :)

2 Comments:

  • Everyone seems to be getting them all of a sudden, I don't don't know why...

    Thanks on the congrats - it IS my best month, but not by much, which is the problem I have with it.. lol

    HEY!!! WTG - that's awesome! It's not much, but it's a start!!

    Tara :)

    By Blogger Tara, at September 08, 2005 7:04 PM  

  • hello! I still can't make it. I looked at your source like what you told me and I saw the same javascript code that blogger keeps on telling me that it's not supported (sigh!). Are you placing it within your entry or in your template? What codes exactly do I have to tweak? I tried to place the codes again within the entry where I want them to appear and I couldn't publish the post because of the error.Oh my, I hope I'm not causing you headache. Thanks!

    By Blogger Jhena, at September 08, 2005 7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home