I WILL make it!

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

I did it again

And forgot a title yesterday. It happens when I just post the link to my article and plan to come back later to write the entry.. lol Speaking of which:
Need A Coffee Gift For A Starbucks Lover?

So about the adult site. I don't know. I like the idea and all, but I don't think I'd be posting a link from here (don't want to be associated with a "bad" site off the blog) and it just seems SO overcrowded an industry (even my "niche" which is fairly loose) I'm just not sure it's worth it. It would be reallllllllly fun to write though! (I'm not shy about stuff like that... lol) If I DID do it, I think I would really have to approach it from the "review" angle, rather than the "informative" angle. Or, the "too shy" angle. Got another site to do before I get to that point anyway, so who knows.

Unless I can seriously start getting content done for me, I doubt I'll have 10 sites started by 2006. That's 6 in 4 months. Doable, but very tight. I'll truly have to work on all 6 at the same time, or maybe 3 and 3 for it to work. I know there are a few of you that have several sites - do you have any tips for getting a bunch out? Without hiring anyone?

On the personal front, looks like I'll be heading back down to camp tomorrow evening instead of Friday evening. My 'rents both have Friday off so they're going down tomorrow and I'm going to thumb a ride. Which probably means less work done. Oh well, the week's been pretty much written off anyway, I just can't stop watching CNN and their Katrina coverage. If I had some spare cash (and room on my CC) I would make a huge donation. If someone wants to pay my way, I'd go and help down there. And hell, if you can make your way to West Chazy, NY or Montreal, I've got a spare room and a couple couches and blow up mattresses I can put people on. I just cannot get over the devastation. And that stupid song by the Tragically Hip keeps playing in my head "New Orleans is sinking man and I don't wanna swim" - it seems hauntingly prophetic to me.

Well, even though it's Wednesday, I'm not sure how much I'll be online, so just in case - have a GREAT long weekend everyone, stay safe!

Tara :)

2 Comments:

  • People are more open these days. And the internet is the perfect place to talk about more adult material because it's more private. I know that I love working on my site even though it's more adult in nature. Why not just do it so that you can have something you love to write about instead of just writing it to be able to make money off it? I tell ya, it's alot more satisfying.

    By Blogger Unknown, at September 01, 2005 8:58 AM  

  • Jean-Rene - If I was doing this for the love of doing it, perhaps satisfaction and enjoyment would come into it. Unfortunately, I'm doing this to earn a living - so I suck it up and write about anything that will earn me money.

    TMTB - well, thanks anyway! lol I think by 10 sites you'll have the money to outsource, especially if you have a day job. Re-invest your earnings (if you can afford it) into the business. I know you won't quit!

    AC - yeah, it's a lot of fun, I only need about 72 hrs in a day to implement all my ideas!

    By Blogger Tara, at September 06, 2005 11:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home