I WILL make it!

Monday, April 03, 2006

The last straw

If you are a James Martell follower, you probably already know where this entry is going. I had heard a little while ago through the grapevine there was going to be an update of the Affiliate Marketing Handbook coming out soon, and it has arrived. I find the launch date of this update quite ironic (you'll see why in a second) - April 1st. When I saw how to get the update, I thought it might be an April Fool's joke, and then I realised it was April 2nd, so it couldn't be a joke. To "reward" (and I use this term very loosely) his loyal students, there's a tiered price structure to get the updated version of the book. If you had the misfortune to buy it over a year ago, you get a $60 "deep" discount from the original price of the book, $167 (overpriced to begin with) for the "cheap" price of $97.

A quote from his website:

"The Third Edition contains 21 "revisited" points, 7 "additional" points, and 13 new points – in other words, the full training from 2002, the additional information added in early 2005, and all the UPDATES from January 2005 to March 2006 have been fully integrated into a logically flowing document."

Well, I doubt that it's a "logically flowing document" since the last update was anything but... you had to jump all over the place to see the updates. But maybe it is, I wouldn't know - because I sure as SHIT won't be paying $97 for outdated, useless information that the "update" no doubt contains. This of course is just my uneducated opinion, which it will remain unless the update becomes free or someone sends me a copy. And once I catch up on the Buzzes I haven't had time for (which I'm hearing HORRIBLE things about) I'll probably end up dumping that too. Because I am DONE with James Martell. I'm thoroughly disgusted with this update and it's (as the title says) last straw for me. I have removed the link in the sidebar to his book and will no longer promote him in any way, shape or form. And I'm not alone. 2 people have told me the same thing today.

So congratulations to whomever decided on this wonderful update strategy. I think you have succeeded in alienating a good chunk of your students, even those that weren't wavering already. And thank you for making it easier for me to completely write off James Martell. I was almost there, but this seals the deal. And a word to the wise - don't pay $167 for an infoproduct that doesn't promise free updates for life. For that matter, don't buy any infoproduct in the affiliate marketing industry for ANY price that doesn't include free updates for life. Both Colin's and Dr. Andy's products I mentioned the other day DO include free updates. Anyway, I've learned my very expensive lesson, I hope all JM followers have now too.

Tara :)

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home